iCan Script™ is supported and managed by leading
organisations throughout the medicine’s value chain.
- CareCross Health, the leading GP network in
- Diverse-IT Business Group, providing intelligent
solutions to retail pharmacies.
- Medical EDI Services, developer of comprehensive,
simple and effective practice solutions to more than
3 000 medical practitioners in South Africa.
- NuCare Health, a specialist team of consultants
providing commercial support to participating
- ONECARE Health, the Doctor DSP network for
- Patient Choice Pharmacy Network, the Pharmacy
DSP that provides patients of Medical Schemes
the freedom to choose the pharmacy to provide their
medicine and assist with primary care needs.
- Practice Perfect, provides perfect paperless
solutions for practices through the creation of
electronic health records for patients.
iCan Script™ patients enjoy greater convenience.
Prescriptions are easy, safe and secure. They are
electronically transmitted immediately to your patient’s
choice of pharmacy, with no need for the doctor’s office
to ever lift the phone or pen.
The patient has the security of being given a signed
copy of the printed prescription.
Patients benefit from increased awareness of their
medical scheme formulary – which may promote
compliance and even a reduction of costs because iCan
Script™ presents cost effective generic alternatives to
Patients benefit most of all from reduced medical
errors and the improved quality of care that e-scripting
Studies in the USA show that among physicians who
- More than 80% say that it improves delivery of care.
- Over 65% say it helps improve their personal efficiency.
- 45% immediately increase compliance with formulary
The key benefits of iCan Script™ include:
- Transmit prescriptions or renewal authorisations to
virtually any pharmacy instantly, with original left for
patient to collect.
- Reducing staff time on phone calls to and from
- Enhancing patient care by reducing potential
errors as a result of misread prescriptions due to
similar medication names.
- Displays schemes medicine formulary information to
ensure greater compliance.
- Present cost effective generic equivalent alternatives
to reduce costs.
The tasks associated with writing and renewing
prescriptions cause GP’s to sacrifice time, money and
safety. Here are the facts:
- The average GP writes 25 prescriptions a day and
handles several repeat script requests.
- Illegible or unclear prescriptions result in many
calls from pharmacists to physicians asking
- Reducing the number of queries and callbacks
from members and pharmacists on written
prescriptions will save you time and money.
- Due largely to legibility problems, written
prescriptions must be confirmed at pharmacy
level in many cases.
- Medical errors cause a large number of
preventable injuries each year.
These are just a few of the many reasons to implement
online prescribing using the iCan Script™ programme.